Search Community

Sliding image continuously with constrained display area

LanLing test
Moderator Tag

I want to create a very simple slideshow of images that loops continuously when it reaches the last image, or the last section of the image, however I need to constrain the display area of the slideshow. I cannot use images above the slideshow to cover it up, because the overlay I'm using is semi-transparent, therefore the slideshow image will still peek out from underneath it.

This is what I mean:

qpHom.png

So the only way I can think of is to constrain the actual display area. Does anyone know how I would do this?

For the sliding, I know I can just tween it directly in Flash. However I was wondering if TweenLite/Max has some easier way of looping it, so when it gets to the max x coordinate of the image (right end of image), it will loop again from the leftmost side of the image.

Thanks.

have you tried using a mask? instead of using a layer mask in Flash I would recommend using AS3:

http://www.republicofcode.com/tutorials/flash/as3masking/

give that tutorial a read. the only difference is that your mask isn't moving, the object being masked is.

GreenSock makes a very powerful tool called BlitMask which is a "high-performance" mask. I would suggest you start small with a basic mask first.

Thank you. Using a mask worked. However now I want the mask to be an irregular shape. When I import a png image to use as a mask, flash only uses the rectangular area as the mask, not the image itself.

This is what I mean:

yPCDH.png

The slanted oval is the mask area I want, however Flash only uses the enclosing rectangle for the mask. How do I use the oval as the mask only? Thanks.