Search Community

timeline max label problem

DagShot test
Moderator Tag

hey folks,

i created a pretty long timelineMax, and by now there are more than a few bugs inside of it.

meaning, once played, from start to end, everything is fine.

BUT if i call a label, that is located at a time that has already been passed, the tweenMaxes eventually get busted.

( some of them for example stay at their alpha 0 state, where they're supposed to be later or earlier on in the TLM, or show up, even if they shouldn't)

but i somehow have to implement the ability to switch chapters back and forth.

so i thought about simply passing the name of the label to an freshly loaded swf, where every things fine as it should be, and then via init get timelineMax

and start it from this very label.

i haven't tried yet, but let me know if theres any way to avoid the busted tweens or if there is a reload method for TLM, or if this swfloader init thing isn't going to work anyway.

and yeah i know i should have done it a little bit more clean, i know its possible.

thanks in advance!

It would really help if you could provide a file that demonstrates this.

There is no reason that certain tweens should not behave inside a TLM, even if you had 5000 of them.

reloading the swf and jumping to a label does not sound like something you should have to put up with.

TLM from my experience and many many others has survived many grueling challenges. I know it is GreenSock's intention that everything run perfect and bug free.

Please try your best to recreate this problem in the simplest file possible so that it can be thoroughly investigated and remedied.

thanks

Carl

excuse me carl, i spend the last few days in the middle of nowhere.

i will try to figure out, what exactly was the problem an where i messed up the code.

but right now i have a deadline and i don't have the permission to hand over any of the given artwork, means i have to somehow clean it up first

to send it to you.

it would be very helpful to know if it is possible to control a timelineMax, witch is located inside an sub loaded SWF ( via SWFLoader, loadermax).

the whole project is split in several chapters and i would like to create an container SWF witch then loads every part and is also able to control each of them

with its navigation interface.

right now i don't even know how to read and write vars that are located inside of sub loaded swfs.

yes you can target variables and functions in loaded swfs.

you need to go through the SWFLoader's rawContent propery

below are a few possible methods

var someSWF:SWFLoader = new SWFLoader("books.swf", {...vars...});

LoaderMax.getLoader("books.swf").rawContent.someFunctionInChildSwf();

//or
someSWF.rawContent.someFunctionInChildSwf();

//or 

someSWF.rawContent.myTimelineLite.play();

sweet.

thanks a lot.

and how do i address functions and vars in a parent swf?

well i found this:

MovieClip(stage.getChildAt(0)).doSomething();

witch works fine, as long as i load the swf in an container movie, where doSomething();

is available.

otherwise it'll just get stuck and do nothing.

thats no big deal because i want to load all the conent anyway. i just wonder if there might be a more precise way to do the same.

*Edit: everythings fine.