Search Community

Greensock and GPU acceleration - question...

niklasinla test
Moderator Tag

Hi there!

Is it possible to use the Greensock tweening engines with let say for example the Starling Framework or ND2D framework for FlashPlayer11 & GPU acceleration.

I haven't looked into details regarding these frameworks just yet but it seems like they don't use the displaylist & they are using the new stage3D API.

I guess the same question apply to the new AWAY3D that also is using the new stage3D API...

Best, Niklas

yup, people have used GreenSock with Papervision and other 3D engines. Starling really shouldn't be much different.

What's important to understand is that TweenLite/Max can tween any numeric value so whether its

alpha of a movie clip

current score in a game

index of an array

or 3D camera coordinates

GreenSock can handle it.

now there may be some tricks to how is implemented but I suspect there will be some demos or benchmarks coming out of the community sometime soon.

this is an interesting read: http://forum.starling-framework.org/top ... -tweenlite

Ah - thank you very much for your fast answer.

I will have to take a look at this & experiment some.

I REALLY love your website - I just re-discovered it.

Remember I saw it some time ago & put in my bokmarks to visit & go over some of your tutorials but haven't had the time just yet.

I will have to take a look on your tutorials - especially the one's regarding greensock. So much good stuff there. Really nice work! :)

Niklas