Search Community

migrated from cs5.5 to cs4. getting error #1009 at greensock

adifrank test
Moderator Tag

Not sure if this is a GreenSock issue or a Flash issue...

I'm currently working on a Flash project on two different computers. So I just carry the project with me on a flash drive.

One computer runs Flash CS4, while the other has CS5.5 installed. So When on CS5.5, at the end of a work session, I just save the FLA to my flash drive as CS4 which normally opens up fine on the CS4 computer.

Here's where the GreenSock part comes in...

I was working today on the CS5.5 computer and made use of some GreenSock classes - TweenMax and TimelineMax. At the end of the day all was running fine, no errors. As usual, I saved the FLA as type CS4 and copied that onto my flash drive.

Later, at the location of the CS4 computer I opened up the project - everything seemed to be in tact. But when I previewed the movie I got errors involving the GreenSock stuff. Just to make sure, I went back to the CS5.5 computer and hit ctrl+enter - the movie played perfectly, no errors.

Can someone please help me out?

The errors I'm getting are basically one error repeatedly. This is the error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at com.greensock::TweenLite/init()

at com.greensock::TweenMax/init()

at com.greensock::TweenMax/renderTime()

at com.greensock::TimelineMax/renderTime()

at com.greensock.core::SimpleTimeline/renderTime()

at com.greensock::TweenLite$/updateAll()

I'd appreciate help with this. Thanks!

strange. make sure in flash cs4 the objects you are tweening have instance names.

maybe they are getting lost in the conversion.

comment out or remove all the code in your fla, add a simple movie clip to the stage, give it an instance name of mc.

try a simple tween

import com.greensock.*;

TweenLite.to(mc, 1, {scaleX:5});

do you get errors? if yes, then there is something very wrong.

if no errors, go to each tween in your file and prior to each tween trace out the target of the tween.

trace(mc);

trace(home_mc);

TweenLite.to(home_mc, 1, {scaleX:5});

---

Hi Carl, thanks for your reply.

make sure in flash cs4 the objects you are tweening have instance names.

maybe they are getting lost in the conversion.

I checked. All instance names of objects in being tweened are intact.

comment out or remove all the code in your fla, add a simple movie clip to the stage, give it an instance name of mc.

try a simple tween

import com.greensock.*;

do you get errors? if yes, then there is something very wrong.

Didn't get any errors.

if no errors, go to each tween in your file and prior to each tween trace out the target of the tween.

the mc from the test traced out: object MovieClip

the other objects I'm trying to tween are actually MovieClips that I placed in an Array and I'm applying TweenMax on the Array, using the allTo method.

Why don't I just give you the code I'm using. It's very short:

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.easing.*;

var lhopitalTimeline:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax();
// each object in the Array below is a letter of an 8-letter word
var lhopitalArray:Array = new Array(lhopital_txt01, lhopital_txt02, lhopital_txt03, lhopital_txt04,
								lhopital_txt05, lhopital_txt06, lhopital_txt07, lhopital_txt08);
trace (lhopitalArray); // output is just a bunch of commas with nothing between them
lhopitalTimeline.appendMultiple(TweenMax.allTo(lhopitalArray, .5, {y:37}, .2), 2);

thank you for your diligent report.

trace (lhopitalArray); // output is just a bunch of commas with nothing between them

until you can figure out what is really in that array, the allTo is not going to be able to tween anything... and thus the errors.

But what I can't figure out is why the exact same file with the exact same code - works! - when I open it in Flash CS5.5. I haven't tried to trace the Array on CS5.5 to see what the results there are. But the tweening and all works perfectly and without errors.

Yet, as I mentioned in my first post of this thread - it could be a Flash issue and unrelated to GreenSock stuff.... If you have any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks!

its definitely strange, but I can only imagine something is happening in the file conversion. I guess we will know for sure when you run on CS5.5 and see if your array traces out, which I imagine it will as the tweens are working.

have you saved your file in cs4 as a cs4 file? does that help at all?