Search Community

Tweening a clip from different points

AndyC test
Moderator Tag

Let's say I have a movie clip, with an x coordinate equal to the width of the stage, which I want to move to the far left of the stage; the function would be:

TweenMax.to(clip, 10, {_x:0});

How would I code the tween if the clip was in the centre of the stage, assuming I want it to move at the same speed? A revised function would be:

TweenMax.to(clip, 5, {_x:0});

But do I have to calculate duration of the tween myself? Is there a TweenMax property that allows me to modify TweenMax.to(clip, 10, {_x:0}) so that the clip moves at the same speed regardless of its starting position?

And what if I want to loop the tween so that when the clip reaches its destination (x=0) it is sent to the far left of the stage each iteration, regardless of where it started? Can TweenMax handle this in a single method?

I am quite possibly overlooking a very simple solution to this, but I'd be grateful to anyone who can point it out!

[EDIT]

here is a tutoria, interactive demo, and source files for generating tweens with constant speed regardless of distance travelled:

http://www.snorkl.tv/2010/11/tweenlite- ... -traveled/

to start at center stage, tween all the way left and then start again all the way to the right, it might be easier just to have 2 tweens and repeat the second 1.

or with 1 tween only you could do this:

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.easing.*;

//set the mc all the way to the right
mc._x = Stage.width;

//create a tween that tweens from left to right
var tween:TweenMax = TweenMax.to(mc, 4, {_x:0, repeat:-1, ease:Linear.easeNone});

//start the tween in the middle
tween.currentProgress = .5