Search Community

timelinelite/max seamless 360 view scroller

joshuacitrak test
Moderator Tag

hi there, first post, longtime GSer.

http://www.flabell.com/flash/360-View-Image-Rotator-69

everybody's seen these, heck, everybody's probably made a few of them, i know i have. however, it's pretty lame to have to create a MC and embed a bunch of images and then frame them out one at a time. makes it hard to build a truly reusable component.

i wanted to know if it's possible, if anybody else has done something like this using TimelineLite/Max and no embedded images into multiframe mc's or externally loaded swfs with embedded images into multiframe mc's. i want to be able to load the images at runtime based on GS xml and then be able to chuck them in a TimelineLite/Max instance and scrub it seamlessly.

i've done some experimentation, and nothing is really working that well. when scrubbing through an mc's frames, the transitions are immediate and seamless. while what i've put in TimelineLite has been jarring and inconsistent. the culprit there seems to be that you cannot append a TimelineLite/Max instance with TweenLite instances with a transition time value of zero, immediateRender= false. when you do so, check the duration of the instance, it's zero. however, adding any time to the time value makes the transition terrible. essentially, having any tween time (more than it takes for Flash to fire the Enter_FRAME event, which is really close to zero) will not work for this idea.

it seems like this should be fairly simple, but i'm stuck. that is why i am reaching out to you all.

so, is there a way to make TimelineLite/Max behave like a traditionally framed mc in the spirit of the above link?

thanks for reading!

thanks, Carl.

yeah, i've done that type of thing before to make pseudo frames, and it is a great solution. i wasn't even in that universe in terms of thinking about it that way. i guess i was so locked in to the idea that TimelineLite/Max could do all the lifting for me.

i appreciate your help!