Search Community

Problem with getting simultaneous animations in sync

obi_wan test
Moderator Tag

Hey everyone I have this tilt animation that just cant get right. Essentially what I am trying to achieve is the following:

When the animation is started it sort of slightly swings from left to right with sort of a realistic swing. I have it sort of working but I cant get the tilt left and tilt complete methods to happen together with out it overwritting each other. So as temporary solution I am using the onComplete.

But if anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it.

tiltRight();

private function tiltRight():void
 {
TweenLite.to(_settings, 1.5, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(500,-18), rotation:-6 }, y:-18, alpha:1, ease:Bounce.easeOut,  
        onComplete:tiltLeft });		
  }
private function tiltLeft():void
   {
TweenLite.from(_settings, .5, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(500,-18), rotation:-6 }, onComplete:tiltComplete });	
   }
private function tiltComplete():void
   {
TweenLite.to(_settings, 1.5, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(500,-18), rotation:0 }, ease:Bounce.easeOut });
   }

hi Obi_wan,

welcome to the message boards!

2 things, When doing multiple tweens on the same object with TweenLite you should set the overwrite mode to 2 (there are others, but this works great for 99% of what you want).

OverwriteManager.init(2);

http://www.greensock.com/overwritemanager/

-----------

perhaps it may be too early in your learning (probably not) but if you want to make a sequence of tweens I strongly recommend you use TimelineLite/Max.

you can easily have tweens play one after the other without doing all the onCompletes.

the code would look like this:

var tl:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite()

tl.append( TweenLite.to(_settings, 1.5, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(500,-18), rotation:-6 }, y:-18, alpha:1, ease:Bounce.easeOut }) );      

tl.append(TweenLite.from(_settings, .5, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(500,-18), rotation:-6 }, onComplete:tiltComplete }) );   

tl.append( TweenLite.to(_settings, 1.5, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(500,-18), rotation:0 }, ease:Bounce.easeOut }) );

let me know if this helps alleviate whatever problems you were experiencing.

Carl