Search Community

Tween frame rate in AS2 or mc with frame-based animation

isaacalves test
Moderator Tag

Can I change the frame rate of AS2 dinamically? In order to smoothly accelerate or deaccelerate an animation like this:

http://activeden.net/item/spinning-3d-e ... of-5/81611

Maybe the best solution is convert it to AS3?

Is is possible to use the TimelineLite/Max methods on a timeline-based animation like this globe? Or attach this globe in a TimelineLite/Max instance?

I guess there's no much code on this animation, and that actually all I need are those frames...

Or maybe use some 'fisheye' effect with displacement filter on a flat map image? Since this project I'm working on is not for web, there won't be any problem on loading 360 frames for an animation, though...

What do you people recommend?

Thanks!

i'm 99% certain that changing the frame rate is only possible with AS3.

with TweenLite/Max you can tell a movie clip to tween the playback of its frames.

So something like this: TweenMax.to(mc, 4, {frame:100})

will play through to frame 100 in 4 seconds.

you can also tween the currentProgress or timeScale property of the tween to have it speed up or slow down.

Thanks a lot!

Tweening the 'frame' attribute works really nice. I'm using the code below to make the globe spin.

TweenMax.to(globe, speed, {frame: 360, repeat: -1, ease:Linear.easeNone});

Now let's say the globe is currently on frame 19. Can I make it Tween to the frame 18 without moving back on the timeline? That means tweening to 360 then restart at 0 until 18 and the loop that? Is it possible to do something like that?

What I'm trying to do is to control the globe with a slider, that sets a speed (that is used to calculate the duration of the tween) and then tell the Globe to tween to the previous frame, depending on the currentFrame, in a loop (repeat: -1). But it needs to move forward, always.

I've tried associating the slider with the duration of the tween but it doesn't work as I expected... any ideas?

Thanks!