Search Community

Color temperature slider

kburton2 test
Moderator Tag

First time posting. Enjoying all of the suite of code, including LoaderMax, TweenLite, TweenMax and TransformManager.

I'm building a collage application and have things working great - able to distinguish between an image and a solid shape as the selected target object, tween the alpha, change an image to B&W, sepia or back to color, tint a solid-colored object, etc. What I'm trying to figure out is how to create a color temperature slider that would tween an image (jpg or png) from cool on one end of the slider to warm color effects on the other end. Any advice on how to set up the numbers for that? I'm assuming it would also use the colorMatrixFilter.

Thanks,

kburton2

hello kburton,

to create this sort of coolness slider, one would have to know the values that need to be adjusted to throw into colorMatrixFilter or colorTransform as you are seeking. to some "coolness" just might be "blue-ness". I'm sure some color theory nerds could argue at length...

You may get a bit more traction for this topic in the forums over at kirupa.com as far as the general theory goes and then come back here to figure out how to make it work with the GreenSock plugins.

I know something like this is a bit out of my league.

Carl