Search Community

blur

list test
Moderator Tag

I'm trying to find an alternative to remove:true on blur. Looking for something that would ease the the blur out rather than suddenly removing it. any suggestions?

TweenMax.to(mc, 3, {blurFilter:{blurX:5, blurY:5, quality:3, ease:Quad.easeInOut, remove:true}, delay:2});

thanks beforehand

This method uses 2 tweens:

import com.greensock.*;

TweenMax.to(mc, 1, {scaleX:2, scaleY:2, blurFilter:{blurX:20, blurY:20}})

TweenMax.to(mc, .3, {blurFilter:{blurX:0, blurY:0}, delay:.7})

//note the first tween never gets its blur values to a full 20 as the second tween interrupts and overwrites it.

thx vonWolfehaus,

i have no idea where i got the idea that they were concurrently scaling or changing other properties. :shock: I think my wires are crossed.

the only advantage to having 2 tweens is that you can have the blur in duration be different than the blur out.

your suggestion most likely is better for what they are trying to do.

Carl

The blur doesn't seem to fade away. It remains? would also like the mc to alpha easein from being invisible. trying to set the alpha and blur to 0 properly for this to work.

TweenMax.to(mc, 3, {blurFilter:{blurX:3, blurY:3, quality:3, ease:Quad.easeInOut, repeat:1, yoyo:true}, scaleX:1, scaleY:1});

got some errors in where things are going in the {}

bad:

TweenMax.to(mc, 3, {blurFilter:{blurX:3, blurY:3, quality:3, ease:Quad.easeInOut, repeat:1, yoyo:true}, scaleX:1, scaleY:1});

good:

TweenMax.to(mc, 3, {blurFilter:{blurX:3, blurY:3, quality:3}, ease:Quad.easeInOut, repeat:1, yoyo:true, scaleX:1, scaleY:1});

If you want to fade it in, you will need to set the alpha of the mc to 0 either programmatically or in the Flash IDE prior to that tween running and then add an alpha:0 to the TweenMax

you can use a 0 duration tween to do this

TweenMax.to(mc, 0, {alpha:0});

or a fromTo tween

TweenMax.fromTo(mc, 3, {alpha:0, blurFilter:{blurX:0, blurY:0, quality:3}}, {alpha:1, blurFilter:{blurX:10, blurY:10, quality:3}, ease:Quad.easeInOut, yoyo:true})

blue code: are the from vars

red code: are the to vars