Search Community

Hand on "arm" articulating

Simiantics test
Moderator Tag

I can get the hand to "stick" to the end of the arm when the animation starts, but the minute update Paths starts, the coordinate system gets wonky. I'm trying to use the motion path plugin relative path function, but just can't get it right. 

Also would like to rotate the hand from 6 to 12 o clock while it's moving, but that's a dream right now.

See the Pen YzbWZmo by robws (@robws) on CodePen

Hi,

I read your post a few times and checked your demo, but unfortunately I don't seem to understand what you're trying to do here. Could you be a bit more explicit about it or post a URL where we can see what you're trying to achieve?

Happy Tweening!

I'm hoping for the motion above, but translated to the articulating arm in this pen:

See the Pen xxNOQxx by robws (@robws) on CodePen

It almost seems like I need to morph a motion path but in a way that makes it look like a natural arm swinging, and then run the centers of the arm segments on that path as it changes. 

I was hoping that by getting a path to animate right in my first post I could somehow use that as a "dynamic guide" for the segments in my second one, but the pieces just won't go together. 

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the simplest thing to do, SVG is not something I really excel at, but this would be my starting approach using MorphSVG and MotionPath:

See the Pen XWwjjmK by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

You'll have to find a way to rotate the end appropriately of course, but hopefully this helps getting you started.

Happy Tweening!