Search Community

ScrollTrigger + Observer

Arzou test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Arzou,

Hi everybody ! 

Do you think it is easily possible to adapt this demo by adding a pinned section with scrollTrigger?

I've done a lot of testing, but there must be something I'm not picking up on...
Thank you in advance for your help !

See the Pen vYWvwXV by cassie-codes (@cassie-codes) on CodePen

Hi,

That demo uses ScrollTrigger's observe which has been ported into the Observer Plugin:

https://gsap.com/docs/v3/Plugins/Observer/

Here are a couple of demos that show how to integrate ScrollTrigger and Observer:

See the Pen ExEOeJQ by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

See the Pen oNdNLxL by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

Hi Rodrigo, thanks for your help. Unfortunately I've seen these examples before and haven't really managed to adapt the codepen I sent.

And in your examples, the sections swipe but in my case, I would need to animate several elements per section, and I'm stuck on it, I don't know why :D

• Solution

Hi everybody ! 

I finally decided to start from the beginning, and understand how Observer works. And after a lot of research and testing, I finally managed to do what I wanted.

I mark the topic as resolved.

Have a nice day/evening everyone!

• Like 3

How you do that? Can you explain? If it is easy to explain, and if it is not, then I will watch some YouTube videos.

On 5/17/2024 at 12:55 AM, Rodrigo said:

Hi @ParkerFloyd,

If you have a question regarding this particular thread, you can create a minimal demo that illustrates the issue you're having. You can fork this starter template from our Codepen collection:

Happy Tweening!

Thank you for answering, you made my day. Today, I want to share some information with other students. First,  I want to ask a question from you. Do you need professional help with your papers? Try https://domypaper.com/ I was struggling with my assignments until I found this service. Their writers are knowledgeable, and the quality of their work is outstanding. They always deliver on time, which has been a lifesaver for me. If you need academic help, this is the place to go.

Thank you so much for answering, you made my day :)

Hi @ParkerFloyd,
It's difficult to explain, but, instead of staying with my code that I couldn't adapt, I started from the basic demo ScrollTrigger + Obserber, to fully understand from the begining, and how the Observer worked, and I rewrote my code in this logic. Quite simply :) 

• Like 1