Search Community

ScrollSmoother over iframe

Alexandre Araujo test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo,

Hello everybody

My apologies if I didn't find another way to ask a relatively simple question. I didn't find anything related to this here on the forum or on Google.

I need to embed a video in HTML and I want the entire page to scroll smoothly. As I am not a member of the GSAP club, I tried the option of working with the Locomotive Scroll along with other GSAP codes for other animations. But when I turn the mouse wheel over the video, the scrool doesn't work. It only works if the iframe is at a lower z-index or something like that, but this way, the video commands don't work.
Does the ScrollSmoother plugin available at the GSAP club, work with the mouse over an iframe?
Grateful.

• Solution

Hi,

Honestly I couldn't tell you but you can try ScrollSmoother and every other GSAP Bonus plugin forking this codepen:

See the Pen aYYOdN by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Also you can try all the bonus plugins in your local development environment by installing the GSAP Trial package:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/gsap-trial

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

I forgot to mention that this could be in part because for security reasons that the events maybe can't get passed from the iframe to the document holding the iframe, so you should check that as well.

Happy Tweening!