Search Community

Can this animation be achieved with GSAP?

Lounes_514 test
Moderator Tag

Hello there!

I'm fairly new to GSAP, only use it from time to time and have a few knowledges of JS. Thus, I'm forced to ask on this forum how to make this animation and if it's achievable through GSAP.

Basically, when clicking on a project page, the modal pops up and the project page is populated within the modal (as seen on the URL), then the page gets fully expanded on scroll. 

When inspecting the code, I don't see any GSAP nor Scrolltrigger. 

It'd be really great if you could take a look at suggestions of how to make the animation. 

Thank you very much!

We love helping with GSAP-related questions, but unfortunately we just don't have the resources to provide free general consulting, logic troubleshooting, or "how do I recreate this cool effect I saw on another site?" tutorials. Of course anyone else is welcome to post an answer - we just want to manage expectations.  

If you're looking for ScrollTrigger effects, I'd recommend looking at the demos at https://codepen.io/collection/DkvGzg and https://codepen.io/collection/AEbkkJ - you may be able to use one of those as a jumping-off point. 

You are welcome to post in the "Jobs & Freelance" forum for paid consulting, or contact us directly. 

Otherwise, if you've got a GSAP-specific question just post that here along with a minimal demo and we'd be happy to take a look. 

The beauty of GSAP is that you can build anything you like. In compression to other 'plugins' were it does one specific thing GSAP is more a tool box in which you can build anything you like! The only thing holding you back is your own creativity. 

Personally I would start with a simple thing and start building from there, make demo's (make A LOT of demo's) and post back here when you get stuck at specific parts. 

Keep in mind that you're sharing a site of a design agency with as far as I can see a team with over 10 people who all have their own skill and experience, so I would adjust your goals until you've got some more experience with the tools and then you'll see you can build anything you like! 

If you're stuck for inspiration you can check out the GSAP collection page on Codepen with so many demo's. Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

https://codepen.io/GreenSock/collections/

• Like 1

Hey there,

Thank you for you answers! I wasn't expecting the magic solution for sure. I just wanted to throw this out here see if there were some ideas. 

Thanks for your tips @mvaneijgen I'll experiment later when I'll have time for that. 

Thanks again!