Search Community

Motion Path Helper rotation

Sgt. Red Pepper test
Moderator Tag

I'm trying to animate a target along an svg circle tag. Is there anyway to easily rotate a path with the MotionPathHelper plugin? 

When I use the MotionPathPlugin convertToPath method with the circle tag, the start point of the new path is set to 3 o'clock. This forces the target to jump from its initial position. I was hoping to rotate the path and position the start point as close as possible to the target's original position and copy the path info. 

Any insight appreciated. 

Not that I'm aware of. The convertToPath function is great if you're in a pinch, but personally I keep fine tuning my SVG design until it is perfect and it is exactly what I need for animating. Getting the SVG ready to animate is 80% of the work then animating them will be trivial. Indeed the default start point of an SVG circle is a 3 o'clock, so if you don't want a circle and just a path I would create that in your design program of choice and then set it start point manually to where you want it to start. But convertToPath and manually rotating can be easier, also you can set the start and end of the MotionPathPlugin, so setting start: -0.25 and end: 0.75 will also move the shape to the upright position if you make sure your start and end equals 1, if that make sense. 

Hope it helps and happy tweening!