Search Community

Best approach making two timeline with same object

Lins test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mvaneijgen,

Hi GSAP Team,

I have a requirement to create two timelines on the same object, my problem now is the animation looks jumpy when scroll fast (I think its because immediateRender: false) and also I think using "x" and "y" to moving the object is not a good approach.
And I think I don't need "pin" for this requirement.

Would you mind giving me the best approach for this condition?

Hope you guys undertand what I need :)

See the Pen BaEozbv by aditlin (@aditlin) on CodePen

2 minutes ago, mvaneijgen said:

The best approach is always one timeline with one ScrollTrigger and in this case the Flip plugin would be a great fit, check out this demo below. Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

Thank you for your fast respond @mvaneijgen
Ah I see, so I need to reconstruct what I've done.

Oh and one more,
Is it possible to change the "image" when the last timeline triggered?

My goal is to change the image when the image arrived on the left of wording (in my case is Mission Section).

Hope you get it : ))

1 minute ago, Lins said:

My goal is to change the image when the image arrived on the left of wording (in my case is Mission Section).

Just have two images and set one to opacity: 0, and one to opacity: 1 and then in the timeline at the end switch the opacity of the two. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mvaneijgen said:

Just have two images and set one to opacity: 0, and one to opacity: 1 and then in the timeline at the end switch the opacity of the two. 

Interesting, thanks for the insight!

I'll be back if I need a hand ~

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mvaneijgen said:

Hi @mvaneijgen I did what I want with Flip! Thank youuuu.

But based on my last question about changing images, do you have an example for that? 🤔

Can you share your latest version? And changing the image could be done in several ways, we love to see what you can come up with, that way we can see your thought process and thus better help you understand the tools!

If the image only needs to change when it is at the end point, I would set the image there, set its opacity: 0 and then in the timeline you already have, switch the one image to opacity: 1 and the other to 0.