Search Community

GSAP in EPUB3

EDGE DPUB test
Moderator Tag

Hm, your demo isn't even loading GSAP or MotionPathPlugin, but even when I fixed that, your code was referencing non-existent elements and throwing errors. 

I'm not familiar with EPUB3, sorry. If you'd like some help, please make sure you provide a minimal demo that clearly illustrates the issue (like that CodePen, but with proper markup and loading stuff). 

Once we see an isolated demo, we'll do our best to jump in and help with your GSAP-specific questions. 

13 minutes ago, GSAP Helper said:

Hm, your demo isn't even loading GSAP or MotionPathPlugin, but even when I fixed that, your code was referencing non-existent elements and throwing errors. 

I'm not familiar with EPUB3, sorry. If you'd like some help, please make sure you provide a minimal demo that clearly illustrates the issue (like that CodePen, but with proper markup and loading stuff). 

Once we see an isolated demo, we'll do our best to jump in and help with your GSAP-specific questions. 

Thank you for the quick reply.

It's working now.

I took the xhtml file that I had on my desktop and replaced it with the other.
The other was copied and pasted from the EPUB3 document.

Hi,

There is an error in your codepen. It's missing an element with this ID: animated-bg which seems kind of relevant due to all the places where you selected in your JS:

document.getElementById("animated-bg").style.background =
  "linear-gradient(0deg, rgba(205, 237, 246, 1) 0%, rgba(36, 123, 160, 1) 100%)"; // same background colors used below in GSAP timeline;
const animatedBg = document.getElementById("animated-bg");

animatedBg.appendChild(sun);

gsap.to("#animated-bg", {...});

.to("#animated-bg", {
      background:
        "linear-gradient(0deg, rgba(205, 237, 246, 1) 0%, rgba(36, 123, 160, 1) 100%)", // how background-colors change; from dawn to late noon,
      duration: 10,
    });

I don't know which element of your HTML should have that ID so I didn't tried to add it to one.

Happy Tweening!

26 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

Hi,

There is an error in your codepen. It's missing an element with this ID: animated-bg which seems kind of relevant due to all the places where you selected in your JS:

document.getElementById("animated-bg").style.background =
  "linear-gradient(0deg, rgba(205, 237, 246, 1) 0%, rgba(36, 123, 160, 1) 100%)"; // same background colors used below in GSAP timeline;
const animatedBg = document.getElementById("animated-bg");

animatedBg.appendChild(sun);

gsap.to("#animated-bg", {...});

.to("#animated-bg", {
      background:
        "linear-gradient(0deg, rgba(205, 237, 246, 1) 0%, rgba(36, 123, 160, 1) 100%)", // how background-colors change; from dawn to late noon,
      duration: 10,
    });

I don't know which element of your HTML should have that ID so I didn't tried to add it to one.

Happy Tweening!

The animated background is a sunrise.

It appears in Version 02:

See the Pen BabrNzz by edgedpub (@edgedpub) on CodePen

For some reason, in Codepen the shuffle button is missing.

It should look like this:

https://www.edgedpub.com/Tape_Mark_III/version-02.html

• 2 weeks later...