Search Community

fromTo, ot set + to work not as expected inside gsap.context

TechnoTramp test
Moderator Tag

I see there are a few things wrong in your demo. 

• You are using GSAP version 3.4.0 we're on version 3.12.5!
  • You should not animate your trigger element!
  • You are better of not animating properties like top, bottom, left, right. Use the transform properties x and y
  • Your ScrollTrigger was already done on page load 
  • Why would you .add() add tween to a timeline and not just create the tween directly on the timeline?
  • You almost never need a .fromTo() tween, you can do just a .from() or .to() and GSAP will just animate to the default/initial values
  • There is no duration: 1, property in a timeline. You can however create a defaults: {} object and add duration to there then all tweens on the timeline will have use that duration. (side note: doesn't really matter when you use a ScrollTrigger with just one tween)

If I fix some of these mistakes everything works as expected or am I missing something? Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

See the Pen GReEpGj?editors=0110 by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

• Like 3

20 hours ago, mvaneijgen said:

I see there are a few things wrong in your demo. 

• You are using GSAP version 3.4.0 we're on version 3.12.5!
  • You should not animate your trigger element!
  • You are better of not animating properties like top, bottom, left, right. Use the transform properties x and y
  • Your ScrollTrigger was already done on page load 
  • Why would you .add() add tween to a timeline and not just create the tween directly on the timeline?
  • You almost never need a .fromTo() tween, you can do just a .from() or .to() and GSAP will just animate to the default/initial values
  • There is no duration: 1, property in a timeline. You can however create a defaults: {} object and add duration to there then all tweens on the timeline will have use that duration. (side note: doesn't really matter when you use a ScrollTrigger with just one tween)

If I fix some of these mistakes everything works as expected or am I missing something? Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

Thatk you so much for all your remarks. That's complete solution and even more.