Search Community

Animating an element using Flip state twice in order

Fettahaud test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mvaneijgen,

image.thumb.png.79ebaa5a666e62024723a4817410519c.png

This image explains what I want(I hope it is enough and no need for a Pen).

I have a sphere animated from the initial state to the second state(the middle of the screen), at this step, I want to catch the current state to be able to animate to the final state(the bottom of the screen).

Is this possible to do using Flip? 
I've tried to catch the new state once the first animation is completed, but didn't work as well

spheres.forEach((sphere, i) => {
  const state = Flip.getState(sphere, { props: "transform,z-index" });
  const sphereParent = spheresParents[i];
  sphereParent.appendChild(sphere);

const flip = Flip.from(state, {
    simple: true,
    duration: 1,
    onComplete: () => {
      const newState = Flip.getState(sphere, { props: "transform,z-index" });
      spheresFinalParent.appendChild(sphere);
      const flip2 = Flip.from(newState, {
        simple: true,
        duration: 1,
      });

ScrollTrigger.create({
        trigger: ".animation-final",
        markers: true,
        start: "top 10%",
        end: "center 10%",
        scrub: true,
        toggleActions: "play none none reverse",
        animation: flip2,
      });
    },
  });

ScrollTrigger.create({
    trigger: "#scroll-container",
    markers: false,
    start: "50% 10%",
    end: "100% 10%",
    scrub: true,
    toggleActions: "play none none reverse",
    animation: flip,
  });
});

• Solution

Hi @Fettahaud welcome to the forum!

We ask for a minimal demo, so that we can dive directly in to the code and help you figure out a solution for your problem. A minimal demo with the really helpful illustration is the perfect combo! 

Flip is for animating between TWO states, not multiple states as you've already figured out. So my advies would be create the second element and do the same logic for that one, then just switch the elements in the middle of the timeline and you're done! 

Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

See the Pen yLZqpXP?editors=0010 by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

in the video, i see that when you hit a trigger the animation plays (each circle goes to place )

and nothing happens till you hit another trigger to animate them again to the final position 

what I meant is that you do not want them scrubbed with the scroll, or do you?  I'm little confused right now but what im working with it is not scrub version 

see here 2 boxes b , c 

your animation right now is scrubbed like the b box ( hooked to the scroll )

what im asking here can it be like box c ? Once you hit the trigger it plays so we can save the new values once the animation is end to start another trigger with it  

See the Pen mdvGyve?editors=1010 by ahmed-attia (@ahmed-attia) on CodePen

I don't really see what is different here? The only thing that is different from the demo that is marked as a solution is that there are three shapes instead of one, so all the logic needs to get duplicated for the amount of shapes times the amount of locations you want (eg 3 shapes x 2 locations = 6) 

Then the logic is still the same, do one animation * 3. After that is done animating swap out the shapes for the shapes that will move to the final position and do the animation to the end state. You need to duplicate all the shapes (the same as in the demo), so there will be two blue spheres, two orange and two white. You'll have to hide the original once (the same as in the demo) as soon as you want to animate the duplicated once to their final position.  

If you want it to happen on scrub or not is up to you, just set scrub to false and use the toggleActions in that case.

• Like 1

Hey @mvaneijgen, I've tried your solution on those multiple spheres and it seems that it is not working as expected. I did it in 2 different ways: 

Here is the first way 

See the Pen RwvYpBw by Fettah_Aud (@Fettah_Aud) on CodePen

This is the second way; using a function to generate a tl with a scroll trigger for each sphere 

See the Pen KKJxZqa by Fettah_Aud (@Fettah_Aud) on CodePen

You are appending the spheres, to the .img-wrapper and in your second flip, you're getting alle the .sphere elements that are connected to .img-wrapper, so in your second flip you're targeting all six spheres. I would suggest given all elements distinct names, so that you know exactly what you're targeting 

See the Pen GRzXdRe?editors=1010 by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen