Search Community

Smooth Movement

Mendax test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo,

Hi ❤️

I am trying to understand how to create smooth movement. If I want different eases on every step.

The key problem that:
- I guess I need start, progress, and finish parts because
- progress could repeat a lot of times (for example it will rely on time needed to get response from backend)

I am pretty new to gsap, sometimes trying to learn it. So maybe I am losing some method.

A lot of thanks if you could give me some hint!

See the Pen OJrOEba by Gerikvolf (@Gerikvolf) on CodePen

• Solution

Hi,

You can tween the progress of a timeline and apply an ease in/out function, like this:

See the Pen zYyPaJw by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

GSAP can tween the numeric value of any property on any object. Since Timelines are just objects, that can be done with a regular gsap.to() instance.

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

Hi,

Yeah, I'm afraid that in the case of tweening the progress of a timeline, those type of easing functions are not going to work in the way you expect.

At the top of my head I don't know if such animation could be possible if you target a timeline. I think your best choice is to target all the elements and animate all of them at the same time, but given the way you want/need to construct this, it might not be super simple.

I wish I had a simple solution for you, but as I mentioned I can't think of something right off the bat.

Good luck with your project!

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1