Search Community

Draggable object issue with overflow

nuratic test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo,

Hi All!

I have this code, largely based on an example by OSUblake. I am having an issue with the blocks overflowing the element. I have defined a height (and max-height) each with a value of '37rem' and have set overflow-y to 'scroll':

<section class="listContainer w-1/2" style="height:37rem; max-height:37rem; overflow-y: scroll">
... list items ...
</section>

In the image below, there are 9 items. the height of '37rem' will mean that only the first 6 blocks will show, and any more than that would mean that the parent block is scrollable. However, as shown in the image below, this isn't what happens. There is a scroll bar but the blocks still overflow the parent element.

image.png.fe1a1a994287fff92ce595087b70578a.png

Admittedly, I'm not the best but to the best of my knowledge, this should work. I'm sure this is an issue with me not currently fully understanding how the JS behind it works (I am working on this :)). If you need any more info, please let me know!

Thank you in advance for any help on this issue!

See the Pen MWZyLWY by nuratic (@nuratic) on CodePen

• Solution

Hi @nuratic and welcome to the GreenSock forums!

The issue is that the child elements have an absolute position but their parent is not positioned, so the elements are taken out of the flow.

This seems to solve it:

.listContainer {
  position: relative;
  cursor: url(https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/106114/cursor.png),
    move;
  cursor: url(https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/106114/cursor.png)
    32 32,
    move;
}

Finally you are using old GSAP syntax and very old versions of GSAP's Core and Draggable. Any particular reason for that? I strongly recommend you to use the latest versions and check the migration guide:

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1