Search Community

glowFilter doesn't work when targetting AIR with GPU

swiftmend test
Moderator Tag

As stated in title,

I've been using the glowFilter for a selection type confirmation tool.

However it seems that when setting Render type to GPU for iOS it doesn't work at all. It works fine when set to Auto/CPU, however GPU just does nothing.

Which is sad, as GPU gives more then twice a performance increase for me due to bitmaps.

Any reason for this, is it fixable - or should I create an alternative for my selection type?

Tested on both an iPad with 4.2 and an iPhone 4 via AIR for iOS both with GPU render set. I've tried both previously with AUTO set and the glow worked fine.

EDIT: Also went ahead and tested it on my Nexus One via AIR for Android running FroYo 2.2 - same issue, no glow when set to GPU.

I'm assuming at this point this might be a limitation for for targeting GPU on AIR (odd that AUTO and CPU work though..)

• 11 months later...

Hi eveybody,

I'm just beginning to use greensock TweenMax in a Android project

I'm using Flash CS5.5, last version af TweenMax

When I saw this old thread, first I was happy to see that I 'm not alone, but unhappy to see that's the problem hasn't been corrected

When using GPU rendering in a Android project with GlowFilter plugin, no glows appears on the screen of my android device (Sony Tablet S)

It works if I render with CPU rendering or if I test on my PC

So, what can I do ??

• 1 year later...