Search Community

Carousel effect + pause in view during spinning

MikeFries78 test
Moderator Tag

Hello, I'm new to the forum but have worked with GSAP a bit previously.  Thanks for this great resource.

I'm creating a site which I'd like to have an image animation in the same way as https://days.christou1910.com/en/ in the products section about 5 or 6 views in.

For clarity, it has the text "Days Comfy" next to the effect I'm referring to.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to replicate this?  Any specific animations that should be used?

I hope I didn't say something wrong, my request is the only one posted in the last 3 hours without any replies at all.

I've changed my username and some of the wording any case you guys found them offensive in some way (previously "gscoder" and using the term carousel effect instead of image animation).

If you'd like it to be phrased in a different way to explain better then please let me know.  Also if this isn't the right place for new people to the forum to post requests like this, please also let me know and I'd be happy to post in the correct place.

Hi @MikeFries78 and welcome to the GreenSock forums!

There is absolutely no problem with usernames, unless is too offensive of course. Regarding the wording of the posts, in general is better to be as clear as possible in both the title and description. The reason it took a few hours to get a response is that we have limited time resources, but we do our best to answer all questions in a space of 24 hours or less and all the moderators staff are volunteers who take part of their time to help in the forums.

As for that particular effect, maybe you could take a look at this thread for some inspiration:

Hopefully this helps. If you have more questions, let us know and remember to include a minimal demo that shows what you have in order to easily find the issue.

Happy Tweening!

Hey Rodrigo,

Thanks kindly for you reply, it means a lot as I've been a bit lost.

That thread is indeed very relevant.

One quick follow up if you don't mind, and from here I'll be able to work my way through it.

Is there the functionality for pinning at the section that has this animation already included in the codepens in the thread you referrer?  If not (my assumption), can you briefly explain how to add pinning while the "wheel" is spinning, and then allowing for continuation of scrolling after that?

Thanks again for your help, and I appreciate those amongst you who volunteer your time to help out people like me.

2 minutes ago, MikeFries78 said:

Is there the functionality for pinning at the section that has this animation already included in the codepens in the thread you referrer?  If not (my assumption), can you briefly explain how to add pinning while the "wheel" is spinning, and then allowing for continuation of scrolling after that?

That basically depends on the configuration you pass to ScrollTrigger, through the start and end points. That tells GSAP for how long (scroll-wise of course) you want to pin the container that has the circular slider and how the animation will progress during that amount of scroll.

Hopefully this clarify things.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1