Search Community

My markers are moving depending on the scroll speed.

bntratox test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

As you can see on the project, markers are moving depending on the scroll speed but not on the position of the trigger itself.

Im trying to change the left divs based on the right divs entering the viewport. But if I scroll fast or even slow, first divs work good but second divs trigger all of the other divs and they get the class same time. When I check the markers I figure that markers are moving independently without being fixed to the divs on the right.

How can I fix this? is it because of smooth scrolling, I personally don't know how to remove that smooth scroll to be honest.

Thank you so much

See the Pen RwBNyEj by mertcanuslu (@mertcanuslu) on CodePen

Hi @bntratox,

This basically stems from this other active thread you already opened:

Please try to keep everything on the same thread in order to focus our attention to that one.

Regarding the markers moving, the markers that represent the start and end points of the elements (remember that there are two sets one for the start and end point in the viewport and another for the element(s)), so some of them will move, just check this example:

See the Pen mdjyjYE by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

On top of that you've been given a partial solution in that thread and this codepen example you're posting is not related to that. Even more reason to keep everything on just one thread.

The smooth scrolling you mention comes from the value applied to scrub:

scrub: 1

If you want to remove that just change that number to true.

Finally I encourage you to read the docs, explore GreenSock'd youtube channel and learning center

https://www.youtube.com/@GreenSockLearning

We try to provide as much support as we can, but we don't have the time resources to give custom working solutions for every user. At some point you'll have to learn HTML, CSS, Javascript and GSAP's API in order to work on your projects, otherwise you'll always depend on someone else providing a solution for you which may not always happen or will not be a completed, fully-working one. So I'll encourage you to learn and become a better developer. You'd be surprised to learn how many of us around here started in your position, without knowing a single thing about code or development.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodrigo said:

Hi @bntratox,

This basically stems from this other active thread you already opened:

Please try to keep everything on the same thread in order to focus our attention to that one.

Regarding the markers moving, the markers that represent the start and end points of the elements (remember that there are two sets one for the start and end point in the viewport and another for the element(s)), so some of them will move, just check this example:

On top of that you've been given a partial solution in that thread and this codepen example you're posting is not related to that. Even more reason to keep everything on just one thread.

The smooth scrolling you mention comes from the value applied to scrub:

scrub: 1

If you want to remove that just change that number to true.

Finally I encourage you to read the docs, explore GreenSock'd youtube channel and learning center

https://www.youtube.com/@GreenSockLearning

We try to provide as much support as we can, but we don't have the time resources to give custom working solutions for every user. At some point you'll have to learn HTML, CSS, Javascript and GSAP's API in order to work on your projects, otherwise you'll always depend on someone else providing a solution for you which may not always happen or will not be a completed, fully-working one. So I'll encourage you to learn and become a better developer. You'd be surprised to learn how many of us around here started in your position, without knowing a single thing about code or development.

Happy Tweening!

Hello thank you for your explanation about markers, I created this thread because the other one seemed lose attraction so I started working on this example myself and tried to fix it on my purpose but I thought markers moving differently is another problem that could have another thread for that. Sorry 😕