Search Community

What wrong with smooth scrolling?

einzelwerk test
Moderator Tag

Hi. I cant understand what wrong with website when i click on archon link https://gyazo.com/9a71088cf68c12d1f8e2f7f608bb4c87

How can I determine what the problem is? When I turn off the smooth scroll, everything works ok. But along with it, the last section on the page is thrown up and the site cannot be viewed, because nothing but this block remains on the site.
At the same time, if I click on an anchor link that does not lead to the very bottom, but one section below, then everything works fine.
Maybe someone here met with a similar problem.

Glad you found the smoother.scrollTo() method and it resolved things.

It's difficult to advise you about your situation because you didn't provide a minimal demo, but it's important to understand that smooth scrolling generally involves putting content into a container and then using transforms to move it around and make it "scroll". It sounds like you were trying to use the browser's native functionality to identify where an element is and scroll there but the browser doesn't understand the whole "we're moving with transforms" thing. 

Make sure you're using the latest version of all the GSAP stuff. 

If you still need some help, just provide a minimal demo and we'd be happy to take a peek.