Search Community

Issue with timeline loop when using .add() to insert timeline when using splittext

rmdev test
Moderator Tag

Hi Guys, 

Apologies that the codepen is a little muddled. It's taken from a much much larger project which I've cut down as much as possible.

I'm having multiple issues, and I suspect I've just got things in a bit of a state as it's gotten overly complex (for my poor brain). 

In general, I'm trying to make a slide system, that shows a slide, run's it's inner animations, then runs a transition to the next slide and then runs it's animations, and so on.

In the codepen slide one should appear, then slide two, and it should be able to loop continuously by setting the loop variable to -1. 

The problem I have is that all the inner animations are running at the same time right at the start. I'm obviously doing something silly but I can't spot it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Paul

See the Pen zYWbPGj?editors=1010 by padders1980 (@padders1980) on CodePen

• rmdev changed the title to Issue with timeline loop when using .add() to insert timeline when using splittext

Sliders are really really complex and are not to be taken lightly. I've build a template for my self to do what I want, but there where a lot of hurdles to overcome to get here. I kinda want to rebuild it again to have it be even more concise, but I've not yet build up the courage to tackle it again. 

Maybe this code base can give you a nudge in the right direction, but again. There are a lot of things to keep in mind and I don't know if I've thought of everything.

See the Pen YzQZBgr?editors=0010 by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen