Search Community

How to do this with the scroll trigger plugin?

portareset1 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by akapowl,

• Solution

Hello @portareset1

Are you referring to the fullpage-like page-scroll?

As this thread shows, there are certain ways of achieving an effect like this with ScrollTrigger.

It should be stated though that this plugin is not really built for Scrolljacking like that in the first place.

It should be said that ScrollTrigger is not built to scroll-jack like what this approach does. The approach above is a hack and I don't really recommend using it. If you really need this sort of functionality then you'll need to either build the functionality yourself or use an existing tool like fullpage.js. But even then, depending on your needs, there are likely to be issues because web browsers are simply not built to work in this sort of way.

by @ZachSaucier

A different approach could be to use a fullpage-like slider utilizing GSAP like for example those by @PointC mentioned in this thread by @Rodrigo just recently.

I think they actually use some form of a slider on that website because the individual sections are transforming and it doesn't look to me like there was real scroll going on (I might be wrong though).

Hope these suggestions can help you get started. Cheers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, akapowl said:

Hello @portareset1

Are you referring to the fullpage-like page-scroll?

As this thread shows, there are certain ways of achieving an effect like this with ScrollTrigger.

It should be stated though that this plugin is not really built for Scrolljacking like that in the first place.

by @ZachSaucier

A different approach could be to use a fullpage-like slider utilizing GSAP like for example those by @PointC mentioned in this thread by @Rodrigo just recently.

I think they actually use some form of a slider on that website because the individual sections are transforming and it doesn't look to me like there was real scroll going on (I might be wrong though).

Hope these suggestions can help you get started. Cheers.

awesome! this is exactly what i was looking for