Search Community

scrollTrigger and motionPath issue

Dastan test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mikel,

Hi, Everyone!
i am new at GSAP!
i had two problems with my animation

1) the animation of car starts when it is visible, and i made onleave() in order to stop animation on leave, but when i scroll up to go back, it creates 'pin page space' (empty space above), how to solve this problem?
2) i have different colored boxes, and i want to make them appear when car reaches to its location, i've tried to use timelinemax with opacity, but i think its wrong 

please help!
Thanks!

See the Pen zYovXEg by kaiiejijia (@kaiiejijia) on CodePen

Hey @Dastan

Your this.disable() throws an error. What you would want to do is probably pass self to that onComplete-callback and then use that for disabling the trigger.

This thread here discusses something very similar to what you want to achieve and in the answer of mine I linked to, I say some things about the problems/caveats that come with that.

Based on that here is an example using the onScrubComplete callback

See the Pen 000ae7fd0cb639525354387cf6e37a34 by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

As for question 2)

I don't see your attempt in your pen, so I can not tell you much about that. One approach on how to to something like that is covered in this thread here by @mikel

A similar approach is used in this demo pen

See the Pen rNOBLBV by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

How about you give it a try, show it to us and we can see how we can help you from there, if you need further assistance?

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 4

• Solution

Hey @Dastan

Welcome to the GreenSock Forum.

My interpretation:

• scrubbing (0.3) without pinning
  • start: e.g. 200px below the top of viewPort
  • end: e.g. 550px that corresponds to the distance from the first to the third box (if necessary, you can use a function to adapt this to different window heights)
  • onUpdate: you can log the progress. Since the duration of the scrubbed animation is 1, you can position the corresponding 'fade in' animation (CSS: visibility: hidden) analogously to the appropriate progress.
  • once: If this animation should only run once, use once: true

See the Pen PobPrpw by mikeK (@mikeK) on CodePen

Happy tweening ...

Mikel

• Like 4

2 hours ago, akapowl said:

Hey @Dastan

Your this.disable() throws an error. What you would want to do is probably pass self to that onComplete-callback and then use that for disabling the trigger.

This thread here discusses something very similar to what you want to achieve and in the answer of mine I linked to, I say some things about the problems/caveats that come with that.

Based on that here is an example using the onScrubComplete callback

As for question 2)

I don't see your attempt in your pen, so I can not tell you much about that. One approach on how to to something like that is covered in this thread here by @mikel

A similar approach is used in this demo pen

How about you give it a try, show it to us and we can see how we can help you from there, if you need further assistance?

Cheers,

Paul

Thank You, Paul!

1 hour ago, mikel said:

Hey @Dastan

Welcome to the GreenSock Forum.

My interpretation:

• scrubbing (0.3) without pinning
  • start: e.g. 200px below the top of viewPort
  • end: e.g. 550px that corresponds to the distance from the first to the third box (if necessary, you can use a function to adapt this to different window heights)
  • onUpdate: you can log the progress. Since the duration of the scrubbed animation is 1, you can position the corresponding 'fade in' animation (CSS: visibility: hidden) analogously to the appropriate progress.
  • once: If this animation should only run once, use once: true

Happy tweening ...

Mikel

oh great, thanks for helping, Mikel!