Search Community

about license,

sunbeamlove test
Moderator Tag

Hi. I finally meet the plugin that I looking for. 

I read 'licesing' of the GreenSock. But I still wondering something. 

I want to use  GreanSock in two area. 

1. In my shoppingmall(Online shop) sells teas and cups :  I will use scroll animation in my online-shop.

2. I will develop website  (promotion site for goods, and shoppinmall) with GreenSock and get a fee.  

In these two cases.. is it free to use? or need business license ? or need other requirments?

thanks.

Hey sunbeamlove and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

There are four factors when it comes to determining which Club GreenSock membership is right for you:

1. Which Club GreenSock plugins you need access to.
  2. Whether or not you need a commercial license.
  3. How many developers you have (in the case of Business Green).
  4. How much you want to support GreenSock :)

A commercial license is required anytime that you sell a product that uses GSAP (regardless of which, if any, plugins that you use) to multiple customers. This could be an app that you sell, a website that has a paid portion of it, a theme that is sold on the marketplace, or something else that uses GSAP and is sold to multiple people.

Based on your description it's not 100% clear that you don't need one. If any of the sites that you use GSAP on have paid sections then you would need one. But if you're only selling products that don't use GSAP and the sites don't have a paid section, you wouldn't need a commercial license.

I should also mention that a single commercial license gives you the ability to have an unlimited number of projects. So you could use the same license for multiple paid sites if you have them. 

If you don't need a commercial license, then you simply need to choose the Club GreenSock membership that gets you the plugins that you want access to.
However, if you find that GSAP saves you a ton of time (most people find this out in the first couple of days) then you could always get a plan above what you need to help support the ongoing efforts of GreenSock. We'd really appreciate it!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply.  Applying the factors you said to me, 

1. I needs "Scroll Trigger ", and some method like "to","from", timeline (I  still don't know well methods, I am studying )and so on".  and widh this, I want to make some page to advertise my goods( tea, cup...) in my online-shop(this is my shop that I  run).  I have 2 jobs. And also as a web developer, I will make webpage for customer that he or she wants. This webpage is maybe shoppingmall or promotional page to sell their product. 

2. I will not sell the web-site theme through theme-forest or like that. But just for my online market, and customer's online-shop. 

3. I am personal freelancer developer. So I  still don't have team to develop with. 

4. It's a shame, but I can't support much right now. However, if things are getting better and more and more contracts with other companies, would I able to support you?...I'm looking for a plug-in that can be used without any burden now.