Search Community

Having trouble installing SWC as a library

ricewing test
Moderator Tag

I've been using the TweenMax for a few days now and am really impressed, so I'd like to make it part of my default CS4 setup. I saw online that you could add librarys by putting the SWC into Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Flash CS4:Common:Configuration:Components:, but Flash doesn't seem to see the class...

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but haven't played with SWC before and am a bit lost. Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong with this? I know I can just keep copying the com folder to each project, but I'd really like to just have it there by default.

Thanks,

Ric

I'm not sure about placing libraries into default directories and expecting Flash to detect them, but you can point Flash to your library once and Flash will remember it for future projects. I don't have a Mac, but here's how you do it in Windows (perhaps this will help you figure it out):

1. [*:4znty2i5]Click the Edit menu, then click Preferences.
    [*:4znty2i5]For the Category (on the left side), click ActionScript.
    [*:4znty2i5]For the language (toward the bottom middle), click ActionScript 3.0 Settings
    [*:4znty2i5]In the Library Path row, click the plus (+) or folder and add the path.
    [*:4znty2i5]Click OK a couple times to save the changes.