Search Community

Cycle through array w/ buttons

Tompy test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi @Tompy and welcome to GSAP :)

There are a few things going that may be the issue, depending on my understanding of the issue your having and the desired outcome you want. If you want the labels "NUMBER1", "NUMBER2", etc. to only appear on a click of "back", or "next" ... here are some fixes.

1. Your javascript uses 

var back = document.getElementById("back");
var forward = document.getElementById("forward");

But your HTML had no id's on those elements.

2. Your looping because your Timeline's are set to call() the next/previous timeline setup which in turn are free to play through and make the next call()

3. Your onclick handlers had an issue (noted in the JS comments)

4. In previous() your --index logic was looking to see if index was less than the length of the array ( should be greater than -1 )

And I just made a quick assumption that you would like "NUMBER1" to run through on page load (I could be wrong there)

See the Pen rZVNxK by sgorneau (@sgorneau) on CodePen

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Tompy said:

One more thing I would love to know,  what would be the best way to loop this so that when you reach "Number 4" it reverts back to "Number 1" without having to hit the back button. 

Many thanks

Sure, no problem. Check out this edit and look at the next() and previous() functions ... you'll see how we're looping around there.

See the Pen EejVoM by sgorneau (@sgorneau) on CodePen

Happy tweening :)

• Like 6