Search Community

Flash and Safari Browser

billybolsa test
Moderator Tag

Checked it out in Safari. Yes, there is a delay. But I had the same delay in FF. I couldn't open the page at all in IE7.

You are streaming the audio correct? If so you can't really control when the audio starts playing - especially since you are loading up the audio in addition to the other elements in the flash movie.

You can certainly tweak the audio file - vary the quality settings and see if it helps.

Do some searching on flash audio - too many options / stategies to discuss here.

All things considered, I don't think that you have an issue. The delay really isn't bad and it isn't like the audio is timed to anything graphical on the site. I

Thanks, i'm not too concerned about the song, I was more concerned about the sound of the buttons in the photo gallery and when the man page transitions in and out, that's were i had the problem. You may have to turn off the player to hear it better. I don't have problems with safari on my Mac but on my PC i did. I have noticed other variations with it before too.

Thanks for looking at it, i appreciate it!

Oh ... my bad.

In FF and Safari, the gallery buttons trigger the sound without delay. Granted, the sound doesn't go "beep" exactly on roll over but I'd have to see the code b/c maybe you have the "beep" triggered at a particular point in the button transition. Regardless, there is nothing different between FF and Safari on my machine (Windows XP - Safari 3.0.4). Maybe the button sound itself needs to be edited. For example, maybe the sound is 3 seconds long and the first second doesn't actually have sound. Make sense?