Search Community

Pin image to specific position of container /w SmoothScroll

Redcase Software test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mvaneijgen,

Hello once again,

This time I have the following problem:

I have some images for each blog post where I want them to be pinned in the same place from my container and when the user hovers over a blog post then the image changes.

I had achieved the desired result with position sticky but once I applied smoothScroll things didn't go so well. I said try doing it with scrollTrigger and pin. I want to achieve something similar to this one in the team section. https://k72.ca/en/about

Any ideas?

See the Pen zYeVpwL by pmakos (@pmakos) on CodePen

• Solution

What is the issue? Seems to work for me. 

The only issue I see is that you don't wrap your page in the #smooth-wrapper and #smooth-content elements  https://gsap.com/docs/v3/Plugins/ScrollSmoother/

Your HTML content should reside in a single content element (usually a <div> but it doesn't really matter) - that's what gets moved around when the user scrolls. That content element is wrapped in a wrapperelement that serves as the viewport. The actual scrollbar remains on the <body>, so your setup would look like:

<body>
  <div id="smooth-wrapper">
    <div id="smooth-content">
      <!--- ALL YOUR CONTENT HERE --->
    </div>
  </div>
  <!-- position: fixed elements can go outside --->
</body>

Your pin logic seems off to me. You can also do pin: "#myElement" to have the trigger and the pinned element be separate. Then you just have the play with the end and start values to suit your needs

See the Pen RwvzQKp?editors=0010 by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

And the last problem (not really a problem 🙃) you're using JS to add a class to an element, this of course need to be fancy GSAP animations! 

Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

• Like 3

@mvaneijgen

Oh i see... 
We trigger: "#home-blog", and pin the ".pin-images" .... I'm stupid... 
"And the last problem (not really a problem 🙃) you're using JS to add a class to an element, this of course need to be fancy GSAP animations! 
It's an implementation i have like a year ago. So i just copy it to my project now :P 
Thanks once again !!
Really appreciated it!

• Like 2